Instructions on how to set-up a Leica Q for the AIMMEC technique (Auto-ISO in Manual Mode with Exposure Compensation), if, for example, you want to use this technique for street photography.
Note – this applies to firmware version 2.0 or lower – for firmware version 3.0 see
1. Set Manual Mode
- MENU -> Scene Mode -> PASM.
- Use shutter dial to select shutter speed (i.e. not “A”).
- Use aperture dial to select aperture (i.e. not “A”).
2. Set Auto-ISO
- ISO button, set to AUTO.
- [optional] Set maximum exposure time and maximum ISO:
- MENU -> Auto ISO Settings -> Max. exposure time
- MENU -> Auto ISO Settings -> Maximum ISO
3. Set “Fn” Button for Exposure Compensation
- MENU -> FN button in Live View -> Exp. Comp./Flash Exp. Comp./Exp. Brack.
- Choose required shutter and aperture for subject
- To adjust exposure:
- Press “FN” once to enter EC mode
- Rear dial to adjust EC
Note 1: EC will adjust ISO.
Note 2: Beyond the minimum ISO (100) and maximum ISO (50,000, or that chosen in Auto-ISO settings), EC will have no effect. In this situation shutter and/or aperture will have to be adjusted.