Some tips and tools for improving on-page SEO for your website.
The number one rule is – WRITE INTERESTING CONTENT!
Articles offering guidelines for SEO.
- Reaction Engine – allows you to enter a keyphrase which it evaluates your page against. I like the way it displays a breakdown of your page by content – such as title, meta description, main heading, first paragraph and body. This helps you to focus on where improvements can be made, and often because of CSS the first paragraph may not be
- Google Webmaster Tools –
- AHREFs Backlink Checker –
- Expired Domains –
- SEOSiteCheckUp –
- WooRank –
- SEOBility –
- seowebpageanalyzer –
- brokenlinkcheck – check for broken links
Facebook Share Debugger – allows you to find out what Facebook sees when you share a website:
Using Google itself with some advanced search operators:
- Quotes “”- search for a specific phrase e.g. “SEO Tips”
- Minus “-” – exclude keyword e.g. SEO TIPS – 2017
- Asterisk “*” – wild card (useful in quotes searches) e.g.: SEO Tips
- Site – results from specific site e.g.: SEO Tips site:moz.com
- Related – find sites related to a specific URL e.g.: related:moz.com
- Intitle – results within the page title
- Allintitle –
- Inurl –
- Allinurl –
- Source –
- Intext –
- Allintext –
- Filetype –
- Info – returns information about a domain
- Around –
- | – same as OR
- () – group terms
- #..# – date range
Have I Been Pwned?